Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Briles and this debacle in Waco.

First, I hate the fact that Art Briles played such a huge part in the travesty in Waco.
He deserved to get fired!  The stories out of Waco make me want to not watch sports, especially since logic says that this is not the only school with many such stories.

Baylor 12 years prior to Briles a total of 35 wins.
Baylor last 5 years 50 wins.
He may not have matched what Bobby Bowden did, but he was getting closer.

Hiring Jim Grobe as interim coach is not only shocking to me, but far beyond any reason that I can conceive. Are they giving up this recent success to avoid more punishment?  If so, they are nuts.
The punishment is coming regardless of this interim mess.

All I can envision is the wishbone offense that he ran at Wake Forest. Did you cringe a little with that comment, I sure did. 

I loved Mac Engel article in Star Telegram that Mike Leach should be hired.
Who else can overcome this mess?  With his unique personality and incredible ability to score with less than Baylor talent is still remarkable.
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article80819157.html

Briles, who may have been my favorite offense mind in the last 20 years. Chip Kelly gets too much credit and Briles teams were even more balanced.
He has ruined my enjoyment and maybe killed the Big 12 in many ways.

With this happening, I hope the Big 12, just goes back to the SWC days and gets Houston and SMU.   They may not get national recognition, but I would at least have nostalgia to peak my interest.

J.

No comments: