Thursday, October 5, 2017

What Carter Lost

Since we vividly remember and constantly discussed this team during that year, I found it very entertaining.

Amazing:  28 Scholarship offers and 8 players from that team playing pro ball is absolutely insane.

Do I think they were best team that I ever saw in high school?  No probably not, only because there were just too many close games.(Coaching and discipline)
But, they probably are the most talented group of athletes that I have watched since watching Joe Ferguson and the Woodlawn Knights win state in 1968.

The usual racial banter was difficult to accept throughout the show.
As someone who lived in the area and was surrounded by many races, it is unfair to stereotype the region in this way.  Most non-blacks were pulling for Carter and at the same time very disappointed in the ridiculous grading system used at Carter,
Do I think they used flawed grading system?...Yes. obviously they cheated the system.

I did love following this team.

J.




No comments: