Friday, August 31, 2018

Rory Part 28


To summarize my view of Rory is rather simple.

He has the most mesmerizing swing I have ever seen. His hip turn was like nothing we had ever seen. At around 5'9" 170lbs he is just different. 

If he could have ever learned how to putt like Jordan or Woods, we may have seen something close to Woods.  This never happened and he decided to tinker with the swing.  Now he is fighting to get it back.

He just spent 10 days with his coach and they watched a ton of video, including his swing at age 16.

Rory Quote.
“When I was that age the move that I'm trying to get back to was more exaggerated at that point, steepened the shaft very much on the way back, shallowed it coming down,” said McIlroy, who has eight top 10s this year but just one victory. “Now it's shallow coming back, and steepened coming down, that's why I get two-way misses left and right.”

Only the player himself could have missed that the changes were not working..

J

No comments: