Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kevin Love

It is being reported Love signed a new contract in Minnesota.

He is one of the players I would have liked to see the Mavs take a run at next year.
The signing is a bit shocking to me.  I thought he would try to head west and play in a bigger market close to his home.

Love is having another tough year in FG%.  As a career 45% shooter, he has started this year at 41%.  It confuses me how a guy could get 3-4 offensive rebounds a game and still shot this low a percentage.
His outside shot is really good and his career FT% is 52%.   His 3pt % are even closing in on his season averages at 37%.

If Love ever plays with 2 other talents, I have a feeling he will be the difference maker in a playoff setting.


j

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

Yes, I'm bummed about this. There was new talk of Deron Williams and I was dreaming of Williams and Love as the future foundation for the Mavs.

S