Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Finals

I'm not in town, so not watching the first 2-3 games.  I was curious how I would view this match since I'm a fan of both Lebron and Durant, and I hate to think of the Lebron-haters having more fuel for their crusade if he fails to close another close deal.  But, I'm leaning OKC even though I don't care much about any of the supporting casts of these teams.  It's mostly because of my affinity for Durant and also the spectacular way OKC's Presti has built this team through incredible drafting and personnel decisions.  It's a clinic on how to do it.  I mean, they drafted Durant, Westbrook, Hardin, and Ibaka all within 3 years.  Not too shabby.

OKC seems to have the advantage because they have grown up together and play together very well.  Durant doesn't force the issue and everybody except Westbrook knows their role well.  Miami still looks confused at times.  That said, I worry about the refereeing as always and how much they will let Durant get beat up as we go along.  If Durant fires a 5 for 18 on the wrong night, they can get in trouble.  And this year we might just see Lebron try to take over.  It would be amazing to see the team with the younger players pull it out when the other team's stars are still in their prime.  Coaching will start to matter as we get deeper.

S

No comments: