Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Omaha

I hated that LSU went down in 2 games, but the games were played fast enough that I could enjoy the play.  At times I miss the long ball, but the 5 hour games of the past were hard for me to stomach.

The umps, as BPender keeps telling me, are giving the pitchers the low strike at the knees and it is great. We will no longer ruin pitchers in college with the juiced up ball and fear to pitch inside and low. The players should be better prepared to go straight to the majors with these toned down bats.

College baseball is set to become a line-drive hitters game in the near future,  Coaches better adjust or they will follow LSU with "2 and Done."  Depending on baserunning and defense is a recipe for 50 games one year and a 500% season the next.  The LSU lack of hitting the last 3 years is difficult to explain, but leaving 20 runners on base in the last two games was more about pressure of the situation.

I am wearing my Mississippi State Baseball T-Shirt today in honor of BCompton, who pitched for the dogs in 98.

J.

No comments: