Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Deion vs Calvin Johnson.

The big debate on TV today was the worst GM in Football saying the Deion could shut down Calvin Johnson. I even had a 20 something person say that Johnson was faster.  I just laughed and told him about the 4.19 with borrowed shoes he ran in sweat pants.

Stats: 
CJ  - 6 ft5 240lbs
DS - 6 ft1 200lbs

Close enough and Deion was a big CB.  Some sites had him at 6ft 2.

40yd:
CJ 4.35 great.
DS- 4.27  this was with warm ups and borrowed shoes.   He is just faster.

Deion was the Quickest Defensive Player I have ever seen.  
Rumors out of San Fran was that in practice Jerry Rice would blow a gasket because he couldn't get open with Deion trying to stop him.
It is highly underrated that Deion was a student of the game.
The interceptions he had were always because he baited teams to challenge him.
The players he had problems with had to be specific route runners and had accurate QB's.
CJ is great, but he doesn't have the most accurate QB..
Michael Irvin physically beat up Deion a couple of times and had route running to a science and maybe the most accurate strong arm qb in history throwing to him.

Quickness is the reason I think that Deion would CJ struggle.
I would expect interceptions out of Stafford a couple of times.
CJ couldn't be stopped completely but he would not go off.

I think CJ is the closest WR talent to Randy Moss that I have even seen.
He is not as quick, fast or acrobatic as Moss but he is a better competitor and a beast.
Moss was 4.25 40yd with 40 inch vertical and never seemed to try or work out.
.

J.


1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

Yes, I think Neon Deion could cover anybody, anytime. He may not be able to tackle CJ if he caught the ball, but he would be up to the challenge of keeping him under wraps. I truly believe he was the fastest player I ever saw on a football field. He outran people by running hard for about 3 seconds and it was over.

S