Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Duncan was a thorn in my side because of Dirk, but he was great!

Praise for Duncan

I have Duncan in my top 12 all time.
His outside shot was underrated, while his defense did not represent his his rankings on all defensive team.

Most importantly, I have him ahead of Kobe.

1. Wilt, Jordan, Kareem.  Take your pick on the order.
Three truths for me.
Wilt is most dominant on both ends.
Jordan was best player, due to quickness and ability to play defense
Jabbar was best player on a team with Magic and he was old.
4. Lebron, Russell -  Truth is Wilt was better than Russell and Lebron deserves to be in top 4.
6.  Bird, Magic -- Really, I should put Bird ahead since he was the best  player on his team for years and Magic had Kareem.
8. Mikan
9.Roberson,Pettit
11. Hakeem, Duncan, West-  A little recognized fact that the combo of Duncan and Robinson could not handle the Dream.
13 Shaq-  Hate him or love him, he was the most dominant player in the league outside of Jordan for years.

I still get a kick out of efficiency ratings when they didn't include blocks and steals for Wilt, Pettit, Mikan, and Russell.

J

No comments: