Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Michael Phelps

No words describe the dominance we have seen while watching Phelps.

He has 20 Gold Medals and still has two more races to go. Currently he has 12 Individual Gold Medals

I am in awe of the dominance, I never expected him to win the 200 meter Butterfly tonight.

Like DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak, Gretzky 1000 pt lead in career points in NHL and Wilt at 50ppg for a season.  This is untouchable.
Yes, Bolt is about to do something very special, but it isn't the multiple events like phelps.

I don't think we will see Phelps' record broken.  Ever!  
(Especially by a male. I can see a female like Babe D. coming in women's sports and creating a stir.)
.
I read where it had been since the year 2 BC that someone won 12 individual golds.
After 2000 years my Leonidas has company as the top Olympian.

J. 

No comments: