Monday, June 25, 2018

Cowboys Off Season in my eyes.


True Signs of a 500 organization.
  • They have done nothing that I find too unsettling in the roster moves.  The cuts all seemed to be appropriate. Witten and Bryant obviously were past their prime. 
  • The trades and free agent additions seem very ordinary and maintained the status quo. . 
  • The draft class seems solid with no surprises, other than the QB White who I loved in college.
    • Since the local media predicted the new player for a month prior to draft, I understood the need.  ... (Sean Lee being the MVP...has to stop. Love him, but he is aging and injury prone.) Leighton Vander Esch has the physical attributes and fit the most glaring need. 
I am curious to see the new WR's and can only hope that Garrett breaks his pattern and lets them play.    I also want to see those DB's from last years draft.   Moving Jones to CB had better signal some change in how they play pass defense.(see below on Kris Richard.) 

More Important Changes. 
  • Named Kellen Moore quarterbacks coach-  Confusing to me, but I assume Red sees himself. 
  • Sanjay Lal receivers coach-  They are selling this guy but I honestly see nothing from his time in Indy, Buffalo or the Jets to make me think it will matter.  I think Garrett blamed the past WR coaches for his poor schemes and inability to develop players.   
  • Paul Alexander offensive line coach-  I like unique guys and he definitely qualifies and besides anyone that can put up with Marv Lewis coaching in Cincy has to be loyal. 
  • Kris Richard passing game coordinator/defensive backs coach- The Main coach the team is selling big time.  His resume is solid as defensive backs coach and Seattle had a great defensive run. Was it scheme or talent?
Marinelli has been around since 2013 and like Garrett, I see a decent coach that gets out schemed frequently in the 4th quarter. I had hoped for a change this year, to date, I have seen nothing new.   

J

No comments: