Friday, June 8, 2018

Old School Conference Alignments

During some recent radio talk about the conference line-ups, I found myself wondering if I could reconstruct in my head the way the conferences looked when I was growing up.  Check it out.  See if you can do it without looking.  I sure miss these days!

SEC

LSU
Ole Miss
Miss St.
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
Kentucky
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

BIG 8

Oklahoma
OK St.
Nebraska
Kansas
Kansas St.
Iowa St.
Colorado
Missouri

SWC

Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
SMU
Houston
TCU
Baylor
Arkansas

PAC 10

USC
UCLA
Cal
Stanford
Oregon
Oregon St.
Washington
Washington St.
Arizona
Arizona St.

BIG 10

Michigan
Michigan St.
Wisconsin
Ohio St.
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois
Northwestern
Iowa
Minnesota

ACC

Virginia
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
NC St.
Clemson
Duke
Wake Forest
Maryland

S

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

Amazing changes and I expect another round during this decade.
16-18 teams makes so much more sense for schedules.

j