Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Really Tough Week

So let me recap my sports week.  Last Friday Allen took a rare regular season loss at Coppell.  Big news around here, but I expected a tough game, so I rolled with it.  Saturday night comes along and I watch LSU struggle with an FCS team, trailing in the 2nd quarter and ultimately winning by a paltry 16 in a somewhat embarrassing performance.

Sunday afternoon; the USA Ryder Cup team collapses after leading by as many as 6 points Saturday afternoon.  They ultimately take a 1-pt loss in a match that will long be remembered.  Then, collapses become the order of the week.  The Cowboys offense implodes in embarrassing fashion, at home, on Monday Night Football.  The Cowboys are once again a joke on national radio.

Tuesday - Friday becomes the long, slow, and shocking collapse of the Rangers.  After leading for all but 3 days of the year, they stumble home 1-5 and see the A's make up 5 games with 9 to play.  Then, they mail in the 1-game playoff against a team with half their talent.  Josh Hamilton is the biggest collapsee of all.

So, baseball is over, the Cowboys' typical mediocrity is on display for yet another year, and the LSU offense is worse than ever.  I'm turning my thoughts to the Mavs, which shows just how bad things are.  Hoping for LSU to turn it around this afternoon because this next month will tell all for the Tigers' hopes for 2012.  Tell me again why we love sports?

S

No comments: