Monday, August 27, 2012

Armstrong

Well, I think my feelings for Armstrong and his past are well documented.
I have to respect the things he accomplished and unlike many, I didn't care that he cheated as much as i hated the denials and fame worshipping that followed. They all cheated!

  All of the warning signs were there for everyone to see with past blood test showing he what he had done and the constant stonewalling of the cycling authorities.  The stories out of Europe were many and quite interesting.

My real question has always been this:
How many riders had to cheat to keep up with his extraordinary ability to never quit.  

Is he the best ever?   Maybe, but we will never really know.

Maybe my problem with the Tout is that the team coaches choose the winner in advance many times.
Any sport that doesn't pit the best against each other and promotes it as an individual sport bothers me.

It is a Ricky Bobby sport-   Can you hear it?
Shake and Bake!

J


No comments: