Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Baseball

I honestly do not know where to start with what I have watched this summer.

1.) Rangers-  I have not had any confidence in this team at any point.
I realize that that they have been one of the top 3 teams all year,  but I do not like this team, maybe its my disgust for Wash and his decisions under pressure.

Arms-The Trade: Well Mr. Dempster has his pitches are hanging too high in the middle of the plate.  
YU- I like this guy, but he still needs to learn from his pitching coach.

Hitting- I know it has been a disappointing last few months Josh H., but SLAMITON is on fire in comparison to Napoli! 
Can the Napster losing 100 points in Average have half his power be related to the something amiss with hitting coach Scott Coolbaugh.  I realize he went on DL less than a week ago, but that is a serious drop.

2.) The Nats are just a great story of a team that may catch lightning in a bottle.   The young power arms, maniacal Harper, a BA of .187 in the last month,  and now the drama with sitting Strasburg for his career health. 
This staff appears to have the possibility of the Braves under Bobby Cox

I have spent too much time listening to the radio this week and find it humorous that most talk show athletes really believe that athletes are in major sports because of desire and that it somehow will make the body heal quicker. 

I would ask the Doctor's opinion and sit him for the 4 to 6 weeks, which is the normal healing time for soft tissue damages or so I have read.  Then let the Post-Season begin with the guy in the rotation if no tissue damage is present.
Those other guys all have good enough stats that the cold weather of October could be a hitters nightmare.

3.)  Jeter has proven to be great and AROD really shows the effect of the juice and how it ruined his body.
Adam Dunn- A .208 BA  and he is a hero with 33 HR's.  Someone tell me why Dave Kingman couldn't find a team after his last year.
Trout- I would vote him MVP.

J.

No comments: