Wednesday, September 18, 2013

JFF

During the last half century, I have only seen a four players that truly controlled football games. I must admit that Johnny Manziel qualifies and is as electric as any player that I have seen.

He is great.  Quickness, Vision, Toughness with Accuracy is just SPECIAL.

(S, you said it best.)
While Sumlin and the Aggie administration is waking up this sleeping giant in College Station.  Manziel has made the Aggies a national contender with his unique abilities on a team with below LSU, BAMA, GA, FLA or even South Carolina talent.  

The last two QB's I saw do this:
1. Cam Newton- Undefeated NC with 5th best talent in SEC.
2. Doug Flutie- I have compared JFF to him since I watched the Fla game last year.  This is as big a compliment as I can give a player. He beat Bama his freshman year and I hated him, but the play never died with Flutie.
3. I don't have the vivid memories of Archie Manning, but I do think of him as the best College QB I had ever seen until Flutie.

I would have loved to have seen Roger "The Dodger" Staubach at Navy and Fran Tarkenton at GA.

Tebow, Frazier and Young were great, but they did not do these things with less talent than the opposition. Newton, Flutie and JFF win despite the talent.
 
Only Dorsett, Walker and Campbell were close to dominating a season from the RB position. Earl lost his NC to the Irish and it hurts to remember.

I will enjoy every game until Manziel leaves and I want it to be this year.
He is killing the LSU recruiting base.

J.

No comments: