Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Cowboys

Is this a real 4-1 team that is sitting at top of the NFC EAST?
Mark me down as skeptical at best, maybe I am too pessimistic, but I do not see anything to make me think that they can survive the last half of the schedule.

Romo:
I thought he was done after the first two weeks, but he is starting to get some zip back on the ball and making some of his trademark moves to avoid the onslaught in passing situations.  I really hope he continues to improve, but his accuracy is still off from three years ago.  Three surgeries have definitely accelerated his aging curve.

He is still the key for the Cowboys to survive and I hope he stays healthy.

Murray:
He is a beast and with every yard he fights for I wince thinking he will get an ankle or muscle injury. People truly underestimate his speed and power.  His ability to pass block is so important, but they really cannot leave him in for every third down play.  My faith in Dunbar is zero, he cannot block nor run effectively unless he is in the open field.

O Coordinator:
A definite improvement over the past Red Jesus years.  He seems to have defenses guessing and this is without a healthy Romo.

D Coordinator:
Lipstick and Rouge is all I can say.  What an incredible change with a little luck we have seen in Dallas.  They are attacking and rarely get burned with a big play.

My fear is that injuries are going to make running the ball on Dallas to easy as the year wears on. I am still in shock Houston didn't run the ball 50 times Sunday.

But that secondary is still a work in progress, I am still wondering how they beat the Rams.

Rolando McClain:
How did Dallas get this guy, he is incredible. The difference he makes inside against the run and short passes in amazing.  He seems to catch people a yard short of first downs 10 times a game. I only hope that he is mentally prepared for the wear and tear on his body.  If they lose him, even with Carter coming back they are in big trouble.  I would sit him against Seattle, since the odds of winning are slim at best.

Overall, it has been a great start for a team that I thought 7-9 or 8-8 was the best to hope for.
I really worry about the upcoming schedule, the Giants game in Dallas following the Seahawks will be the turning point for the team.  Win and maybe they get to 9 wins. Lose and 7 wins is the best I can see.

J.

No comments: