Monday, February 14, 2011

Urban Goes off on the NCAA.

I found this on SportbyBrooks.

“What I’ve seen the last five years is a complete turn in the integrity of the college coaching profession. It’s completely turned the other way. Right now, it’s not good because the risk-reward is ‘have at it, do what you’ve got to do get the great player, go win games and at the end of the day we’ll find out what happens down the road "

“You tell me how a young man who is a wide receiver (Dez Bryant of Oklahoma State) and he lied to the NCAA and they took away his eligibility and he was never allowed to play again. And then there’s violations in other areas of the country and that doesn’t happen.”


“If there’s a law and it’s an unforceable law, and deep down they don’t want to enforce it, you are officially in the wild, wild west and anything goes. We need to revamp this thing.”


I suggest you read this article. 
I found the tirade interesting, especially coming from a man that have I picked at because of the number of arrested players in Florida. 
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/urban-meyer-outlaw-coaches-not-afraid-of-ncaa-29493

j

No comments: