Friday, March 18, 2011

Smart and Marcus

I was somewhat surprised during the TX Championship game and agree with you on the lack of visible quickness for Smart.   The game itself was rather hard to watch.  I was left scratching my head with the collapse of the Marcus players with Garland's full court press.  Truthfully neither team looked any more impressive than the 4A and 5A schools I watched in LA championships.  I do realize the depth is probably better, but pure talent and speed is similar.

On a positive, Smart has a better outside shot than I expected and he has a NBA body.

The most impressive thing I saw him do was after the game.

Smart did a "somersault and back flip" on the court after the buzzer sounded. 
I guess his explosiveness is hidden for the time being.

J

No comments: