Monday, April 4, 2011

The Masters

The most explosive Major is upon us and I am excited with the possibilities.
10 Favorites and a comment-

1.  Phil- 11-2 odds.  3 Jackets and counting?  Repeating at a Major is so rare that it is hard for me to suggest he will.  I will be pulling for him.
2.  Tiger- 8-1- Forget the Driver problems, at the Masters its about the ability to hit high shots into the par 4's and make putts.  If he putts well he can win, but I will not pull for him. Ever.
3.  Lee Westwood-  20-1- I just do not like his putting stroke well enough. 
4.  Kaymer- 20-1 - He is the talent, but has never shown low scores at the Masters.
5.  Nick Watney-15-1-  He is being labelled a front runner and loaded with talent.  I like people that go low.
6.  Donald and Baddeley are 25-1-  Both bore me.

The Fun Group-
 Rory McIlroy- 20-1-He can putt and when he is hot he is special.\
Dustin Johnson- 25-1 - The Talent! He supposedly practiced his game for this course. We will see.
Bubba Watson- 25-1-  If he putts good and stays close it will be crazy.  I am afraid he will have a mental breakdown.
Anthony Kim- 30-1-  Who put him on a diet? When he is on, it is pure excitement.

No comments: