Sunday, July 17, 2011

British Open - Comments

1. Love the shots the golfers have to hit in links. Knock down shots
2. Americans need more of links golf to appreciate the bounce of a round object.
3. Great to see shot tracker on full swings on the DirectTV broadcast.
4.  How can Phil shot the lowest round of the day and it feels like he shot 80.
5.  Rory still cannot putt well enough to rival what Tiger did.
6.  Dustin Johnson is uber talent.
7.  Westwood is about the only one left in Chubby's posse without a Major and he maybe the best one.
8.  I like watching golf in inclimate weather, sunshine is not as enjoyable to me.
9.  Tom Watson - Why do I dislike him? When he talks I see an act and I don't know why.  Maybe it is my past readings of how he treated people during his drinking days.
10.  The Putt tracker predictor does not work very well.  Some putts went the opposite way at the hole.
11.  I have smiled after the last two Majors with an Irishman winning.  I may lose my USA card.
12.  European players act like old school Americans.
 Americans seem so distant and closed off to the world.
  Is this the result of the judgemental American public?
Have we taken all of the character out of our children in American with our judgemental views of how people should act? Why would we ever follow the lead of the extremist in modern music and politics?

No comments: