Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Kershaw

I appreciated your post on Kershaw and I agree it's hard for me to watch him lose also.  It's a great mystery how he cannot produce in the playoffs what he does in the regular season.  I can't think of an example of a player at that level have such an extended failure in the post season, maybe A-Rod.  Let's be clear that Kershaw is the greatest regular season pitcher we've seen in like 100 years.  No one since then has produced an ERA on his level 2,000 innings into a career.  I'm also guessing that his back troubles have sapped his velocity since he's only about 30.  Hoping that he can continue to win games with his command and get to 200 wins.

S

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think you will ever write these words again.

"is the greatest regular season pitcher we've seen in like 100 years"

j