Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Previous Entry Couldn't Be Ignored.

S,  I had to read your post and laugh. I knew it was coming and wondered how I would respond.
I want LSU to play Okie State and blow them out, which I believe would happen and lock LSU in a discussion for one of the great teams of all time.   I think playing Bama hurts the Tigers in history with some in the national media.
I think the BCS is set up to pit the best two teams against each other.  No matter where they play!

This is a once 40 years situation as I am concerned. "Catching a Tiger by the Tail" kind of thing.
Not since 1972, Nebraska-Oklahoma debate, have we had a situation in which the best two teams are in the same conference with so little debate. Even the vast majority of  die hard Pac 10, Big 12 and Pac 12 people agree these are the best two teams.

Add the fact that the other conferences have done absolutely "ZERO" to show that they have a team that should be considered special or close to the same level as LSU and Bama.  This simple statement solidifies my opinion that we should see a rematch. If Stanford beats Oregon and wins Pac 12, I might have wavered.  If Okie State only loses to Okla, I would not have supported the Tide so much, but it didn't work out that way.    V Tech has the best argument after this next weekend in all likelihood.

This conference champion stuff is ridiculous to me.  LSU removes all their players with a tweak or slight strain an loses to GA and doesn't win the conference, I think they still deserve to play for the title over GA, V TECH, OKLA, OREGON or any other conference champion with 2 Loses or 1 loss to weak competition.   LSU had the hardest schedule and beat everyone.   Alabama only lost to LSU because Saban coached scared in my opinion.

Bama fans and some LSU fans think LSU playing Alabama is just asking for a loss. 
I don't think so, but what do I know? Only this,   LSU played very conservative at Bama and still won, while Bama went for everything and still failed.
LSU and Miles make adjustments easier than Saban.
 I expect LSU to win the rematch against the best other team in the country.

In the End:
LSU will not be short changed in what they have accomplished.
Bama is the one sitting at home worried about what OKIE State and the media does Saturday night.
Maybe even VTech blows out Clemson and Okla wins,  The Eastern, Midwest and West Media vote VTech 2 and Clemson a top 12 team.  Bama stays home.

LSU will be rewarded and given a shot over Bama win or lose on Saturday. 
The system is working!

Here are the lyrics to an old country song Bama fans should remember.

"I've got a tiger by the tail it's plain to see
I won't be much when you get through with me"

j

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I have to agree with you. While I would advocate for a playoff set up. In this year it should be AL and LSU. OSU lost to Iowa State. Vtech- playedchump teams all year. Stanford- would be the most logical if they were rematching Oregon but they are not. Also you are correct in saying everyone (even OSUs coach) says Bama is #2. As an LSU fan Bama scares me a lot more than any of the other teams and the only team I think that can beat LSU.

Sport Thought said...

Actually I wasn't sure I was going to post on this and I wrote it down and stuck it in the draft section. I guess after so many days the drafts automatically post. I wanted to go back and re-write it after the results were in Saturday. But, oh well there it is. If I had to distill the whole thing, it just feels so wrong that we have to sweep Bama but they only have to split with us to win it all. Seems so unfair when we did more to earn the championship. That's the flaw. The system is rewarding Bama more than LSU.

S