Friday, November 25, 2011

Yet Another Showdown Day

First time in the history of college football a team has to face a 2nd top-5 team in the same regular season.  My nerves are getting frayed, and I have to work and keep up with it on the internet!  Ugh.  Bobby Petrino scares the crap out of me.  I remember the West VA game and how Holgersen rolled up the yards.  We have to score points today!

I read this morning that Tyler Wilson had orally committed to LSU; didn't know that.  Miles was skeptical and held him at bay until Wilson decided to get the message and go elsewhere.  Now he is the best QB in the SEC (not much competition though).

I keep trying to look at this as an incredible opportunity to go down as one of the greatest teams of all time.  Should LSU run this ridiculous schedule, it would be unprecedented.  But, it's almost more than my heart can take.  11-0 but still to face 3 more top 15 teams.  This team has stepped up every week and deep down I expect them to do it again today, but 2007 keeps rolling through my head.  I'll call it Tigers 31-24.  I usually feel better when I pick us to lose; I'm going to have a miserable afternoon.

S

No comments: