Monday, March 22, 2010

Baylor-St Mary Battle of the Big Men

Saint Mary's 6-foot-11 forward Omar Samhan vs Baylor's 6-10 forward Ekpe Udoh.
Samhan is avg 30.5pt and 9.5 reb 75% fg . Udoh can jump out of the gym and challenges everything.

Good quote from the Californian.
"Well, the biggest challenges is he can jump and I can't. Um, he's fast and I'm not. He's strong and I'm not. A lot of the challenges are physical," Samhan, laughing, yet halfway serious. "Like I said, he's a great athlete, but I'm pretty skilled down low. Although I'll have trouble guarding him, I think he'll have trouble guarding me. The biggest thing is he going to go one-on-one with me or are they going to run that zone? We don't really know what they're going to do."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/post/_/id/4667595/st-marys-giant-samhan-eager-to-see-udoh

I doubt 7footer Lomers will be able to lumber through Samhan like he did while helping Udoh last weekend.
j

No comments: