Thursday, March 25, 2010

NCAA Brackets & More

Wow, am I behind. Here goes a few thoughts on your recent posts:

Brackets - I'm sitting 2nd in our office pool before tonight. I had KS winning so I'm needing KY to lose since most everyone else has them. I still have 3 of my final 4 left. I went out on a limb this year since I didn't think much of anyone. I have KS St, W VA, & Purdue in the F4. I am totally enjoying the tournament thus far. Great stuff.

Team BBall - I heard Bobby Knight on the radio this week talking about how the "mid-majors" field teams full of kids who work hard, listen to coaches, and try to improve, plus stay in school 4 years. Which is why they have better chances than ever to make it farther, witness Butler just a few minutes ago.

Glanville - I laughed all day after I read your post about Glanville/Favre. Hilarious. Now that Favre is a national icon we forget he was a wild country boy at one time.

Rangers - I don't know of anyone making any claims about Ryan's character. I won't even comment on your implication that he was a juicer. But, he knows baseball and I firmly believe he's making good moves inside the organization. Getting people in shape, expecting a high level of committment and performance, wanting to get more innings out of pitchers. He has brought a different attitude and I think this new ownership group will be sound. For the record, I would have definately fired Ron Washington, pennant race or not.

Seve - I didn't know you were such a fan of the wild Spaniard. He was the ultimate scrambler with talent to boot and I always loved him. Playing against that spineless group on the PGA at that time, how could you not like him? Everyone else was BORING except for the choker Norman of course.

s

2 comments:

Sport Thought said...

I wonder how much cell coverage we saved by typing all of this instead of talking.

j

Sport Thought said...

For the record, I despised Seve during his prime. Just like my dislike for Marino, Canseco, Magic and the White Shark during their dominate years.

I will still honor Seve's legacy of greatness and hope that I get to see that ability again.

One day, I will honor Tiger Woods greatness, but I will never like what he represented or the way in which he dominated.

j