Monday, March 22, 2010

Stereotype of a new generation

A side note from the first round of the tournament.
While at the Golf course Saturday Morning, I heard some older gentlemen comment on the disgust of some of these "kids tattoo's" and calling them thugs.
(As most people around me know, I think it is a sign of mental issues and more importantly someone having very bad taste. Heck, a good artist can do better with a pack of sharpies. But, I regress.)
It was funny, that I made verbal made excuses for the kids, even though I feel the same way as the old men.

One man quoted the same scripture in a book from Moses as author Dan Brown in his last book.
King James Bible
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.

Is this sports related, I do not know, but it really does effect that way some people perceive athletes. Maybe it explains why the respect ends as soon as they leave the arena.
j

No comments: