Friday, June 25, 2010

Fat Albert

This is for Jonathan, he was talking about the mess in Washington.


Any sympathy or understanding for Albert Haynesworth and his situation?

Muhsin Muhammad, retired wide receiver: "Absolutely not. I've always been a player that got thrown into different situations with coaching and scheme changes and had to figure out how to deal with it. Plus, he could increase his value long-term if he shows he can play both the 3-4 and 4-3 effectively."

Hollis Thomas, free agent defensive tackle: "There are two sides to every story. He was promised that he was going to play in the 4-3. Nose tackle in the 3-4 is not fun."

Orlando Pace, free agent offensive tackle: "No way. They could ask me to wash dishes for that kind of money and I wouldn't complain. I can't support what he is doing."

Leber: " No, not at all. We all sign a contracts in this league knowing that things change whether it is head coaches, coordinators, schemes, teammates, etc. When you sign a contract with a franchise, you have an obligation to perform for them."

Ward: "No sympathy whatsoever. You play the game to win a title and get a huge payday. He got his huge payday and now he is worried about how the scheme will affect his production?"

Brooks: "I know if I was his teammate, I would reach out to him privately and tell him how I feel. I would tell him that when you sign a contract in the NFL, you are signing up for changes. That is the one thing you know for sure that is going to happen in the NFL."



Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ross_tucker/06/23/roundtable/index.html#ixzz0rvfjmd00

No comments: