Friday, June 18, 2010

Hamilton Again

Well, here is Hamilton on a tear maybe better than 2008. I posted a while back when he was hitting .204 with no homers. Now hitting .320 with 16 dingers & 48 rbi's. I still just don't know what I should expect. Is he going to be a HOF performer and live up to the draft hype, like Griffey, A-Rod, Jones, etc.? Is he a .300 hitter? Sometimes seems yes, sometimes no way. He has that prodigous power, but sometimes goes weeks without a homer. When he connects, it reminds me why I love sports. I was watching a couple of nights ago when he connected and just the sound of the connection made me gasp out loud. I think I'm nuts when I start thinking about how good I think he might be, but I don't want to get my hopes up. He truly has HOF talent, but can he stay healthy, can he find his swing and stay comfortable with it? Can he stay clean? I find myself pulling so hard for him I think I'm going to jinx it. The scouts said he was Mickey Mantle. Why couldn't he be? It's still possible.

S

No comments: