Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Head Shots

All right, I read all the stuff in SI this week about brain trauma. I let it sit for a couple of days to sink in. You are lucky that Josh isn't interested in football. I wonder what you would do if he played and you started getting all this information about reduced brain activity and other side effects. I can tell you that if I had a little boy, no way I would let him even get started with football. If I had a kid who had played for a while, I'm not sure what I would do. The bottom line is that kids shouldn't play tackle football. No one should play it until they can make a decision for themselves about the long term consequences. I can only imagine the fear and worry that parents and spouses are going through if they've read any of that stuff. I thank God that you and I don't have that to worry about.

S

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

I cannot tell you how much I worried about my son playing.

I read everything I could get my hands on when he was growing up. Thank goodness for small wonders that he doesn't like football.
j