Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Another top 5 Team LSU

When I commented on Alabama as the favorite to win it all next year, I didn't mention the one thing that could derail everything in Crimson. 

The "Les Miles Lucky Charm" at LSU. 
How can a team that was 2nd worst in offense in the SEC last year finish that high in the polls and still be underrated?
They were an 11-2 team with a horrible coaching job and so many problems that all LSU fans were ready to hang old Les.
Now this year, even more talent and a new O Coach.  But the same old rhetoric from the Mad Hatter about Jefferson being the best QB in Spring and winning awards.  I think I may puke.

Then when I get my hopes up looking at all of the physical talent, (honestly, I only think Bama, USC, and Florida are even close) I see the schedule for 2011.  Wow.
The first month they play Oregon, Mississippi State and West Virginia.
Then they slow down with Florida, Tenn, and Auburn in Oct.
To finish with Alabama and Arkansas.  
They may play up to 10 bowl teams.

If Les can somehow get thru this with 1 losses he may end up in a BCS game watching Bama and have the 2nd best team in the nation.
J

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

God I dread watching that offense again hoping for Jefferson to string together 2 good throws in a row. My blood pressure is rising already.

S