Friday, June 24, 2011

Was this NBA Draft Really that Bad.

First, I like Irving. He was the best player on Duke's team from day 1 and I think he is better than advertised.
After Irving, it was a pure guess for me, but I thought Thompson was a good pick at the 4th pick.  He can run the floor and isn't lazy.

Williams is not the talent that Beasley at Minnesota is, so it confused me on the pick.
Why not just get the big guy, if he would have played at Kentucky this year he would have gone number one in all likelihood.
Then the foreign invasion.  4 of the top 7.   Is this is more of the AAU hampering development.

People like Kemba Walker, drop to far after being dominant in college on both ends of the court.
I did like Chris Singelton from Florida State, I will be curious to see how he turns out.
Also curious about Vucevic from USC.

I do like taking a chance on Rudy Fernandez for the Mavericks.
Like most shooting guards from Europe, his skills and numbers had deteriorated while he sits on an NBA bench.
J

No comments: