Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Big AARP

I've been trying to figure out how I rate Shaq since his announcement.  You know that I always favored the skilled big men like Hakeem and Duncan, and I didn't appreciate brute force in a basketball player.  However I can't really conclude anything but that Shaq was the 2nd most important player in the NBA in the last 2 decades behind Jordan.  5th most points ever, 4 rings, 3 finals MVPs, a skilled passer and shot blocker when he was in his prime.  I get it, but I still hate that his best move was shouldering someone out of the way and throwing down; no game outside of 5 feet.  He was also a gas and I'll miss his personality.  Goodbye Shaq Diesel.

S

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

I know this was not easy for you, after 20 years of questioning Shaq dedication to improvement.

But I agree.
J