Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The CBS coverage Sunday

Watching the Sunday Final Round was a treat, but CBS could have made it much better.

I love watching Adam Scott( maybe I have a man crush) and seeing Fowler, Day and RYO play.
I even understood Caddie Stevie Williams mouthing off about the win.(He did basically take the last two years off while Tigger did nothing.) Williams arrogance is just more of what he has always done, but the media seems to have an issue with him now that he makes a comment about the villian-hero Woods. Williams has said much worse things in the past about Phil and others without the backlash.
My CBS Complaint.
I watched for 3hours before I saw Rory who finished 6th and was within 3 shots most of the day.  Westwood finishes in the top 10 and I am not sure I saw him hit a single shot.
CBS must have too much of a connection with the PGA Tour.
  It had to be a grudge against a these two powerful Euros for skipping The Players Championship to not show them all day.

CBS forced us to keep getting updates on the Woods post drug doctor and hookers failings at this tournament and missed on showing the two best players in the world.

Not a good day for CBS broadcast.  They had everything there with these young guys and still blew it.

It is bad enough that we are subjected to the sophomoric slap stick comments from McCord and Feherety, but this was a good tournament that could have been even more enjoyable with a big dose of Rory.


J.

No comments: