Saturday, August 6, 2011

Good article on Jordan Jefferson and Kragthorpe

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20110806/SPORTS0202/108060333/If-no-Kragthorpe-LSU-s-Jefferson-could-been-ship-without-rudder

I have heard so many positives about Jordan Jefferson since Kragthorpe arrived in Baton Rouge, I am trying to think
"Maybe it is happening."

His spring game performance was the "same ole same ole" to most of us, but maybe there is more coming.
Jefferson has always had the physical skills and it was a total confusion to me that Crowton never seemed to develop him at all.  

Then I was listening to XM Rivals this morning and another media guy, said he was shocked at the differences in Jefferson this summer.  He mentioned the changes in Jason Campbell during that undefeated year and then said LSU has more talent overall on offense than Auburn that year.   (Skeptical? I am)  

I wish I had caught the guys name that was talking,  he said he used to cover the Big 12 before getting his current job to cover LSU and the SEC.   He also commented that when he was first getting to Baton Rouge, he heard the myths about Tiger Stadium being different than the Big 12 famous schools.   Nebraska was even mentioned.
He said it took less than a minute in Tiger Stadium to know that it really is different than anything he had covered before as a writer.
J.

No comments: