Tuesday, August 16, 2011

LSU RB

Reading this article on LSU today, made me remember what I think about Miles and his ability to recognize talent.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20110816/SPORTS0202/108160323/LSU-has-no-shortage-running-backs

"Spencer Ware at No. 1, which has been the case since his breakout game in the Cotton Bowl, true freshman Terrence Magee at No. 2, sophomore Alfred Blue at No. 3, and sophomore Jakhari Gore at No. 4 for now."


Notice Ford is missing. 
Miles comments.
"I think Michael Ford didn't finish runs as well as he was capable," Miles said of last season. Ford also missed the last stages of spring football and the spring game to focus on his academics.


For the record, Ford who played more than Ware against the big boys in the SEC, averaged 6.0 yards a carry.   Ware had a huge game in the Cotton Bowl and I hope he is special, but I have a feeling Miles is hung up on players that push the pile like Scott and can't make them miss.
 
The good part of the article is Magee, I saw him play twice last year and he was spectacular as a running QB. The High School kids could not handle him and he is elusive.
 
J.

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

At least Ware has talent. I just want to see some talent. Ridley and Scott were BORING.

S