Monday, August 1, 2011

Daniels 2

I was re-visiting Daniels' most high profile trade in my mind this week.  4 years ago he swapped Mark Teixeira to Atlanta for 4 prospects that rebuilt his team and has ended up over-shadowing the Danks fiasco.  With Matt Harrison settling in as a reliable starter (2.94 era this year without missing a start), he joins Elvis Andrus and Neftali Feliz as above average players scored in that trade.  Jarrod Saltalamachia did not pan out, but is starting for a 1st place team in Boston.  It is very rare for 4 prospects obtained in any trade to end up as major league starters and I guess it speaks also to the quality of the Braves' organization.

S

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

JD has done a really great job.
I never held it against him on Danks as much as you did, even though you are correct.

I liked the two pitchers he pickded up this week also and I know you enjoyed the fact that he commented on not giving up the farm system.

j