Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bowl Games - TCU- ND

The bowls are shaping up to be crap. Ohio St/Oregon? A Rose Bowl where both teams have 2 losses? Ga Tech or Clemson vs Cincinnati in the Orange? Nothing more needs to be said about that. I hope they don’t make TCU face the Tide in the Sugar. Although I’m not convinced that FL takes them out again just yet. And who else fills up the BCS slots? Boise I guess. And then Iowa? Pitt? OK St.? Pathetic!

Two things I took away from the TCU/Utah game: the frog offense is better than I thought, and overall they really look small. I think Patterson decided the way to conquer the Mountain West was to overwhelm the rest of them athletically, which it appears he can do with these 3-star Texas kids. But they have no size as far as I can tell. Dalton is not bad and he’s got one more year.

I think it’s time to pull the plug on Todd Dodge. Horrible job by him. SMU feels they are ahead of schedule in Jones’ 2nd year. Everyone seems settled on Brian Kelly to replace Weiss but I wonder if it’s too obvious? They’re going to eventually get the right person. As Bill King pointed out, it took OK, TX, USC, AL and others a long time to find the right person, but they started winning again when they found the right coach, and ND probably will too.

SM

No comments: