Saturday, November 28, 2009

Heisman

I love to watch Colt McCoy, but I do not feel he should not win the trophy over Tebow. The media seems convinced it is over for Tebow, so McCoy is a good choice over the others.

People use stats to put a player above another and usually I agree, but not with QB's.

Tebow is a different animal and what he does for College football is special.
Forget the religious side, on the football side he is never stopped. He is just
a man among boys.

Numbers really do lie in these new passing schemes.
McCoy compares to Mallet without playing the athletes of the SEC.
For the record, Mallet has better numbers. More Yards, TD, less interceptions.
The Houston QB has great numbers, maybe next year.

As for the running backs. Ingram is the only one over 5.5yds a carry.

Do you think that Tebow could run the TX offense and put up huge passing numbers?
I do, and nothing in his past suggest differently.

j

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

I cannot truthfully argue the point. I would have a hard time taking the McCoy side of the argument. Tebow is bigger, stronger, and faster. I will just say that McCoy has been about as important to the TX program as Tebow has to FL, and since Tebow has one, I would personally love to see McCoy leave with one also. The type of performance he delivered Thursday is typical of McCoy. He does what he has to, like Tebow does.

S