Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Brandon Jennings

Lessons Learned in Europe?
I cannot believe I researched a rookie after 8 games, but 55 and then another narrow miss at a triple double changed my mind.

He looks polished. I am shocked at the amount of slashing points he gets with the left hand. He is just quicker than most players.
His Defense is even better on the ball than I expected, Pt guards against him are shooting a horrible%. Even Billips was 6-16 an he is a huge pt gd. The exception was another rookie. Flynn shot well, but only had 1 assist.

Shooting % is 47.8 . Assist 5.5. Reb 4.9. Pts 25.5.
3pt %.- 53%(he has got to just be hot) He cannot be this good.

279 players have scored 50 pts or more in NBA history. Most are superstars.
Some Like Jim Jackson, Chris Jackson and John Drew were not. Heck, Jamal Crawford has done it 3 times, but his shooting % are around 40%.


Still that FG and 3pt % is impressive. FT is at 79%.

He can play.

For the record, Wilt scored 50 or more 105 times. Jordan is 2nd with 30.
JC

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

I seldom watch the NBA early in the season. I saw some of the games he's put up. Strange that he hardly got any playing time last year in Europe. I guess he was right when he popped off about being a better player than the spanish wonderboy. Jennings played a game here against that Duncanville team. He lit them up as I recall.