Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gooden /Strawberry follow up

It truly was special to watch those talents, and I never thought about it in a fashion to make the world better, but you are right. It was also happening as the cable expansion in La exposing us to WGN and WOR.

You are right about our fascination with the athlete that can do something Freakish. Gooden's Curve, Ryan's Heavy Fastball, Strawberry hitting it out of Spar with calls of Blackberry or Sanders coming out of nowhere in Stillwater.

Now, I tend to almost hate some of them during their early career more than you. Examples Marino (best arm ever), Greg Norman and Magic.

Then I have some I despised during the early years Clemons, Canseco, and Woods and later found my insight was with good reason. (Notice the 3 I linked together: 2 with abnormal growth and 1 with an extended career.) They were or are freakish.

Back to your point, I still go to high schools games every week to see the special talent. Once or twice a year I see someone gifted and then once a decade you see one that is freakish enought to play at the top level.

I put a comment in your post on SL/Allen, but for the record you are right -Allen has turned into Southlake East.

Face it, you are a living the life of Duke preppie now.
j

No comments: