Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Aftermath

Like you I've had a hard time dealing with Sunday's meltdown.  What Tony Romo did to me Sunday was something I haven't experienced that many times.  Very different from having a QB with no talent, Romo is, or seems to be, all tease.  For the first time, I really connected with the Cowboy fans who have always ripped him.  There is so much emotional investment when you're a real fan.  Knowing how good he can be and to watch him throw away a game is almost impossible to watch, in fact at this point I don't know when I'll watch again.  Until this year I never really believed that he wasn't capable of leading the team to big wins in the playoffs so I just chalked the criticism up to fair-weather fans.  But now I'm becoming convinced that he just doesn't have the mental makeup to be a leader.  How else do you explain not being enough of a pro to protect a 27-3 lead?  At his age, I don't think it can be coached out of him.  He just won't do it.  And, if you're his teammate, how do you stay behind him when you see him ignore common sense and cough up a game you had in hand?  The fact is, if Garrett were to follow his own philosophies and hold every player accountable, Romo would be benched.  What he did this weekend was completely unacceptable for anyone in a leadership position.  What a disaster!  Millions tied up in a guy who simply will not play smart football and who has your future in his hands.  What I do know is that in 2 weeks if I can find something else to do, the Cowboys will no longer dictate my Sunday schedule.

S

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

You are absolutely correct, but the things Romo does on the field are exciting. Good or Bad is makes for fun football.

I am die hard, so I am holding out hope for a miracle.
j.