Sunday, October 23, 2011

Some Weekend Thoughts&

*  Cowboys may have made a major mistake in committing big dollars to Doug Free based on 1 year of solid performance.  He gets beat badly seemingly once or twice every half.
*  I'd like to see DeMarco Murray get some regular carries to see what he can do.  Strong & explosive.
*  Cam Newton - just wow.
*  Allen - classic case of overrating a team based on # of returning starters.  They look good early and then everyone catches up.  They made an incredible effort to win in the closing seconds against Marcus on Friday, but the defense is just awful.
*  I'm in awe of how good LSU and Alabama are at this point.  Knowing they haven't proven anything yet, I still have to say it's the best LSU team I've ever seen through 8 games.  Just ho-hum blow outs.  2 weeks for both teams to get ready; advantage Saban.
*  Trying to put my feelings aside, it was great to see Pujols' display last night.  What a treat to see an all-time great do something like that on the big stage for all to see.  We have to stop and appreciate getting to see a first-ballot guy with full powers on display.
*  I would have bet on Stoops to run the table and make it to the big game this year.  How does he let these things happen?  No excuse.  They have too much talent to lay an egg like that at home.
*  I totally agree with your post on USC-Notre Dame.  That was a nice signature win for Kiffen who badly needed it.
*  I'm going to be a wreck tonight knowing the Rangers' season is in the balance.  I like this team so much and can't stomach losing in the finals 2 years in a row.

S

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

I agree with every comment!

The game tonight in Arlington will have me in one of those moods normally reserved for the Cowboys, LSU and SEC bowl games or March madness.

J.