Friday, October 7, 2011

TCU - They are where they belong.

TCU earned everything they are getting with the Big 12 invite.  It made me very happy, I still hate that the SMU tradition will probably not be renewed with the Big 12. What TCU has done is incredible since they were left out of the Big 12 for the likes of Iowa State and Baylor.
I was all for the move and still support TCU completely, but some of the Aggies haters that cover football for the Morning News like T Mc has lost his mind thinking that TCU is even up or a positive over Texas A&M.  
When I was in Dallas I adopted the Frogs as my local team and went to the Football and Basketball games on slow weekends.   Comparing TCU and the AGGIES is ridiculous! TCU is too far behind in so many ways compared to Texas A&M that I would rather not take shots at the facilities and what I expect to happen on the field.

I was equally disappointed that some say that TCU should stick with Big East like Star Telegram  (Gil L)
That is just hard for me to imagine that anyone would think that the Big East travel is good, so you don't have to play the higher quality Big 12.
Do I think TCU would have played in the Rose Bowl if they were in the Big 12 last year.  NO.
Do I think they will surpass Texas Tech.  NO.   Some years, Maybe, but overall.  NO
Do I think TCU will rule Baylor if Briles and Patterson stay in the same jobs.  NO, they may get a slight edge, but I expect it to be close.
Are they the Ole Miss / Mississippi State of the Big 12.  Yes.

j

No comments: