Saturday, October 29, 2011

Rangers

I really cannot make many comments about the Series.
It is ashamed the best 3 power hitters were all hurt for game 7.
More so, for Hamilton to be hurt the entire playoffs and series.
The biggest impact was once again the manager - pitching coach combo in St. Louis.
I found this quote after the game.
.
“I called [Duncan] in the morning,” La Russa said, “and I said ‘how about the alternatives?’”
“He says ‘are you kidding?’ It’s Chris Carpenter,” and he hung up.

The Rangers have half of the formula.

La Russa will go to the Hall of Fame with a proven formula to his success.
1.  Dave Duncan
2. A juiced up power hitter.

j.

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

Ha. Nice backhanded compliment. I do agree though that history tends to forget the great assistants and lauds the lead man.

S