Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Patterson is at it again!

After the game Saturday, when SMU beat TCU 40-33 for the Iron Skillet Trophy,  I posted a comment about how Patterson will have to become more gracious as the teams around him improve.
Well, with Patterson's latest tirade of self righteous BS, I can safely say that he is following the status quo.
Jones is qouted as saying this after the game:
 They or Patterson- "don't change, they do what they do and that's what good football teams do."

Well afterwards Patterson went off on Jones and SMU.

"He (Jones) hasn't changed much either, so if we want to get into those kinds of matches. But, I don't go there," Patterson said. "All we've ever tried to do here at TCU is help SMU. At some point in time we were going to get beat by them, so we got beat by them. We've helped them, let them come over and talked to them about how we do things academically, how we do things at the stadium, how we do everything to try to make their program better and their way of thanking us for that is to cut us down."
 
"SMU has had a lot of help from us over the last three or four years to improve their program," Patterson said. "I don't appreciate being treated the way it is; that's how we got reciprocated. We're going to go on about our business, but they're not going to get the same help anymore -- not about a ballgame, not about conferences, not about anybody. They're getting no help from Gary Patterson, period.

"They (Big East) shouldn't ask me at SMU about going into a conference, they shouldn't ask me about how they play, they shouldn't ask me about their players, they shouldn't ask me about anything because they're not getting any help, period, any more. Because we've bent over backwards to make sure that they can improve their program because I believe that's what you do."
Patterson then added further fuel to his fire.

"To be honest with you, SMU people have been looking down at TCU for a long time over here," he said. "So, us winning and doing things, the older group of alumni around here have a certain feeling about SMU. I didn't have that feeling, but I'm getting it."
------------------------------------------
I must admit watching Patterson, but would never hire him into a big time program.

June Jones comments today on the fued were a little more classy.
"I'm kind of disappointed, I thought I gave them a compliment. Obviously it got misconstrued to him, but that stuff happens.
"I know a loss sometimes makes you say things you wish you hadn't said. ... I wanted to tell him we try to copy what he does. They don't change. They do what they do, and that's what good teams do."
"Gary is a good guy. I have no issues with him. He's always been helpful and he's a good football coach."

SMU administrators have taken a different approach. 
They are selling Iron Skillet Tickets for $40.33 to see the final 4 home games at SMU.    
J. 
Wow! I mentioned this problem 2 years ago, but one day the national media is going to get wind of this stuff.

No comments: