Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cowboys Draft

I read that the Cowboy's brought in 4 players for visits, and everyone is comparing it to the last few years with the fact that they drafted a player in the first round that they had come to visit in Dallas.

  1. Dontari Poe-  DT from Memphis.  Ranked number 1 DT.  I saw them play twice and didn't notice him, this makes me wonder about his never quit attitude.  I would pass and suggest that it is a bad year for DT.  At 350lbs, if you tell me he will play Nose Tackle for 10years I would take him, but if they think he is a Sapp or Suh they are in dream land.  Coe is number 1 on DT for one reason, his physical measurables are great in the 40yd and broad jump. 
  2. Fletcher Cox-DT MSTATE- Number 3 DT- 295lbs.  Tough guy, but not as quick looking to me as Brockers on attacking the ball when he sees it.  I like him and always saw him fighting at Starkville.  I like him more than the what they currently have at DE..Solid Choice.
  3.  Barron-  As always with Saban Db's he will be NFL Ready and a definite need for the Cowboys. He is a tough guy, but he has the baggage and falls into the category of --- What an Idiot.   How do you get fail a drug test before the draft?      ---- I would pick Barron unless Brockers is a kid that is tough mentally.  He is the best football player of this group from the college production level and definitely a cut above all of the the other safeties the Cowboys have .-----
  4.  Brockers- If he works hard he will be a Pro Bowler, but nothing about Miles training of players has led me to believe that LSU players are NFL ready. He has game quickness that jumps out and he seems to come up big during games. He has always seemed to be a quicker Marcus Spears was in games ----- I would pass on a DE in the 3-4 scheme, but at 322lbs this guy can be a better clog the middle and run down RB's.  It would allow Ratliff to play DE also.------
I go Barron, Brocker, Cox, Poe from this group.

A few other things:
  • Couples- UNC DE- No way I draft this guy, I watched them and he was not involved enough.  
  • CB-Gilmore for S Carolina- I like him.
  • Courtney Upshaw from Bama- I see some people have him as late first rounder.  There is no way there are 15 better football players than Upshaw in this draft.  I swear I would draft him and put him at LB and say "Go Get Them"
  • Tannehill- Really? He is a good story, but seriously a first rounder and maybe top 10.
  • Weeden- 28 years old and actually should have been a Heisman Winner over RGIII.   I hate the idea he could fall to the Pats and replace Brady.
  • Trent Richardson- Rumored to be going to Cleveland.  I think he will be a better pro than College RB.  There isn't a lot of wasted time in his running decisions.  Some DB's will rue the day they fill the hole with him coming inside.
  • Melvin Ingram can be a force at OLB in a 3-4.

No comments: