Monday, April 9, 2012

Darvish - 1st Impressions

I will try to forgive the 1st inning and chalk it up to nerves.  Watching the performance, I would say I'm underwhelmed but hopeful.  For all the talk about his 7 pitches, he didn't display much command of anything, pitched from behind, and threw tons of pitches.  He touched 94 a handful of times but lived around 92-93, which was also a bit disappointing.  On the flipside, I like his demeanor and attitude, and his teammates seem to genuinely like him and vice-versa.  There is a lot to work with, but there is plenty of work to do.  They've got a big young guy with a live arm and a good attitude.  I think he can be pretty good with Maddux coaching him along, but he's not going to dominate the league anytime soon based on what we saw tonight.

S

No comments: