Thursday, April 5, 2012

Masters Day 1.

Lets start with my predictions after day 1:
  1. Phil-Tiger: Putting Is All That Matters with these two's mental state.  Neither hit the ball well at all.
      1. They both putted really well so I expect them to be in it Sunday.
      2.  Both stunk on hitting the ball. Phil. 8/18 greens.  TW 12/18
  2. Luke Donald:  Shot 75 and was first reported to have signed incorrect scorecard, I am glad that it was an entry error by someone else. I hate that rule when its unintentional mistake.
  3. Bradley -1.. He just looks like a chain smoker.
  4. Long Shot - Ryan Palmer  3 over...Ha.
  5. Henrik Stenson:What a meltdown to lose 5 strokes so quickly.
  6. My Favorites:
      1. Rory started with Double and was off and still. Finishing Birdie, Birdie keeps me on the bandwagon.
      2. Westwood was just great.
Unusual Stat:
Great ball striker Lee Westwood is 14 over par on the short par 3 12th hole for his career.   ????

Fat Lip: 
If Auburn Grad with a Caddie's name, Dufner, insist on dipping snuff,  he needs to move it to the side and not his front lip.
Delusional Moment:
Tigger (otherwise known as the AC) says in interview:
"I hit some of the worse Golf Shots I have ever hit today"
Does he intentionally lie, or does he literally lack the ability to remember reality? 
We have seen him chunk shots for 2 years and hit drives 80 yards out of the fairway at times.
Mental? 

Analysis was a bit outside:
 On the 495 yard 10th, Rory hits 3 wood right and out of the fairway landing behind a Magnolia on the soggy ground.
 Faldo says- "He is just going to chip out I assume".
Then Rory hits a banana fade to front of the green with a mid iron. 

I miss it:   Freddie Couples Swing.

Quote of the Day:  After a wayward bomb....."Oh Shoot!  But I crushed it!" 

J.

No comments: