Saturday, September 17, 2011

ACC Applicants.

Pitt and Syracuse applying for ACC was a great move for the conference.
I was starting to think that the ACC was going to get picked over by the big boys and let the Big East swallow them up, if and when we go to the super conferences.

This following rumors of Texas entering the discussion for the ACC.
 (I want to address Texas MESS later.)
An ACC entry with Texas, would bring Texas Tech or TCU back into the discussion for the ACC.
Definitely TCU has the resources to catch up with Texas Tech in an all around athletic department, but currently I find Tech more appealing on a national stage.  (Barely. )

But what if the ACC kept going through the Atlantic coast to reach 16 teams.
West Virginia and Rutgers would be my main targets.  WV is national in Football and Basketball, Rutgers get NY market.
I do not think South Florida would be acceptable for Fl State nor Miami.
UConn has the ESPN butt kissing to add to the TV dollars.
This would be an interesting 4 division conference.
I suppose Fla St and Miami will still be separated to match the mess they have now in ACC divisions.
SYRC  
PITT  
RUT
BC

VT
VA
WV
GT

MIA
GT
NC
DUKE

Fl ST
CLEM
WAKE
NCST

I am glad the ACC jumped ahead of the Big East, I like the history.

J

No comments: