Saturday, September 10, 2011

More Game Day Thoughts

Good idea; I'll throw in a few....
  • Where Georgia is right now is where I expected LSU to be.  After the 2 sub-par years Miles somehow got the mojo back last year and has some momentum.  I really thought he would lead us into medocrity like Richt has done.  How can GA suck that bad?
  • I don't want to go there, believe me, but I have to give Boise credit.  They have been willing to schedule whoever will take them on, and they keep winning.  Starting the last 3 years with wins over Oregon, Va Tech, and Georgia has earned by grudging respect.
  • Alabama's offense looks eerily like LSU's.  Painful at times.  For our sake, I hope it stays that way for a while.  The O-line looks shaky as does McCarron.
  • Is Denard Robinson as fast as he looks playing these midwestern teams?  He looks like lightning every time I see him.
  • (From yesterday) Allen might be really good.  Still early, but dominating Longview over there is impressive.  QB Morris was 25-35 for 368 with 5 TD's, no picks.  Now district.  Plano & Marcus undefeated so far.  They will be tough as will Hebron.  Eagles might have a defense this year.
  • It looks like Lake Travis will be the favorite to make it an unprecedented 5 in a row before possibly moving to 5A next year.  They are indeed a beast.
  • Desoto routed Cedar Hill tonight.  This after CH beat Guyer last week.  Desoto is scary.

S

    No comments: